Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a PLC to learn the operation and ladder programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What would be a good PLC to get started out in to learn the operation and ladder programming? I would like to be able to get something cheap on ebay that I could play around with and learn about automation.

Re: PLC intro

johnfin said:
What would be a good PLC to get started out in to learn the operation and ladder programming? I would like to be able to get something cheap on ebay that I could play around with and learn about automation.
I think Allen Bradly's PLC is good for beginners.

try EASY Soft, it is good for beginners to learn ladder.

Re: Learn PLC Programming

johnfin said:

try to come www.tryplc.com

Re: Learn PLC Programming

nuttaphong191 said:
johnfin said:

try to come www.tryplc.com

oh thx for the link:D:D

hi ..

What type of PLC you should learn? it is a hard to answer there are many kinds of PLC's and all of them usees a common LAD Diagrams. All manufactorers have a small PLC which they are cheap.

I advice you to see the kind of PLC available in your area. Alan Bradly is used widly in Canada and United state for example. Siemens PLC is in Mideast and Europe Also Mitsubish in Mid-East .

Knowing that will help you to decide which PLC you should learn.

Regards

Youc can use a simulator if you want to start programming a PLC. Instead of buying a PLC set at once, you could practice programming using this simulator.
KEYENCE is a very popular PLC especially in industrial plants. KEYENCE has a simulator where you can create a program and see what happens.

2 other good sites are

www.PLCS.net
www.thelearningpit.com

the learning pit site, when it's up, has a RSLogix simulator, which is the allen bradley software. Liscenses for the software are $40, I think.

Hi guys!

Well, i'm just wondering if you have a real plc software for siemens or other products. I really need it in my work. Would somebody give me copy. Just send it as PM(private message).

Thanks a lot you guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back