Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a low cost FPGA chip for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphinX

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Low cost FPGA Chips ?

Salam,

I search for a cheap fpga chip suitable for a beginner (I prefer Xilinx Family )

I can order it from RS Component Company.

Thanks in advance

Re: Low cost FPGA Chips ?

depending your voltage
spartan family are cheapest.
may be not so cheap the electronic to makethe right voltage.
Bye.
g.

Low cost FPGA Chips ?

Hi, Xilinx will recommand you to use Spartan3 series (200k and 400k gates).

Spartan is just about the biggest bang for the buck for I/O's, CLB and gates compared to major FPGA players such as Lucent, Atmel, @ltera, Actel and Quick Logic. However, RS does not have a variety in parts and they will probably have the lower members of Spartan series.

delay (delayed by technology)

Low cost FPGA Chips ?

If you prefer xilinx,SpartanIII may be the best choice.

Low cost FPGA Chips ?

once i saw a quotation in a lab at my university. they were ordering SpartanIII FPGAs for us. i wanted to know what FPGA boards do u usually see in universities for undergraduate programmes. and is SpartanIII a great thing to start with???

MEMIC has a cheap Spartan III Evaluation board "nice one" I believe it contains 200,000 gate with 200 $ "cheap", I don't remember the name exactly but it include "LC" so I guess it was spartan III LC### or ###LC check out memic

Hi all,

Xilinx is very very expensive. (FPGA + EEPROM or PROM)

Only ACTEL is low cost. and better than Xilinx.

best regards

Low cost FPGA Chips ?

Salam,

SpartanIII( 200k gates ) starter kit cost only 99$ !

SphinX

Low cost FPGA Chips ?

I think @ltera 's Cylone series is good

The MEMEC board is spartan -3 400 gate I miss typed it, the board name is Spartan-3 LC (no numbers) and it costs 200$. Infact, it is only 175$ if you r in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back