Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a good AT microcontroller for beginners and tools for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmega

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am planning to buy AT89c51 Microcontroller and do some programming. Since I am new to this programming, I need your valuble suggestion which controller is good to start with. Kindly suggest me some complete programmers kit and where would I find it. I have good experience in C and some assembly language.

Regards
Megan

Re: AT89c51 ???

Go for the "S" series .. 89S51, 89S52, 89S53 ..
Codes are the same, but programmers are simpler, also "in application" ..
Here are examples:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

itsmega

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Megan,

I agree with IanP, the "S" series is much more convinient 4 programming and they have all the features as the "C"s. I have recentlly switched to the "S" series and its very good.

The programmer is very easy 2 design as well.

itsmega

AT89c51 ???

Thanks for the suggestion. I will get S series and start exploring.

Thanks again.

Regards
Megan

Added after 1 hours 48 minutes:

I am wondering what are the other software or hardware I should buy in order to work with this controlller.

Regards
Megan

Keil software simulate all the parts of 8051 like interupts ,pins mode,timers and ...
Find it and use it for tracing your Algorithms.

itsmega

AT89c51 ???

dear itsmega, as my friends mention above, 's' series is a correction for 'C' series , 'S' series is very easy for programming use this programmer
**broken link removed**

also there are good books uploaded in the books side

hi

for better programming reference visit keil web site

i could not find good pdf manual for C51 but few references attact it is not very good but for basic knowledge

Hi..
I am also looking for AT89C51 related material but did not find any useful uptill now. Any links.....?

you can look at
**broken link removed**
i hope it help you

u must use "proteus" from labcenter electronics bcoz it has many builtin features..i.e compilers and simulator...:idea:

i recommend you keil (uvision) to generate software and compile and proteus to simulate the hardware

hi

I think it is better to have a look of some useful book and clear your concept about atmel controller, and the best way is to study books, i recommend you mcanzi and mazidi's one which is the best one also you can explore www.8052.com and better to use proteus.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back