Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a cheap SMS module

Status
Not open for further replies.

barfi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
do you know a low cost sms module?
a module that to be able to send only sms no need for voice,
i don't need GSM modem module.

Re: sms module

the lowest cost sms module i know is an old model mobile phone like this one

**broken link removed**

Hi,

Where can I find details on this project?

I have 2 projects that I need to send/receive SMS, and I have a couple of 6210 phones.
My problem was the cable/protocol of the 6210 SMS.

Can you help me on this?

I'm also looking for other project for a small/low cost SMS send/receiver OEM module. UART/SPI connection for sending/receiving SMS.

Thanks,

JS

how can I interface a phone with 8051?(AT89C51)
I am using a sony ericsson W810i but there is no communication at all via the serial port.
should I remove the MAX232 chip because the phone cant even detect the microcontroller?
am using the USB cable that came with the phone together with a usb to serial converter,could that be the source of my woes?
plz help before my project deadline expires.

sms module

Hi!,

There are GSM modules available in the market which has UART/RS232 ports which can be interfaced to the microcontroller. Motorola, Wavecom etc are some of the companies which makes these kinds of chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back