Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a cheap oscilloscope for digital and analog circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also consider whether local support is available. If not, will you be able to carry out repairs by yourself ?

Is there other variants that would fit mu budget (around $500-600)max

For a budget of $500-$600, I would consider a nice used Tektronix, like a 2465 300MHz, 4-channel.

Tektronix 2465 Scopes on eBay

You can find them on eBay with a recent calibration, warranty and from a reputable seller within that price range if you keep an eye out.

I own several scopes including some very expensive DSOs, but I still use my analog Teks on a regular basis.

would a tektronix dso is available for that price (I would go for a brand new product)

No, the Tektronix TDS1001C-EDU 40MHz 2-channel starts in $700 - $800 range:

And they go up from there.

The Tek 2465 is a whole lot more scope for your money! Plus parts, service manuals, etc are readily available for the Tek 2465 at reasonable prices.

New scopes are like owning Mercedes and Porsches, when you have to repair them and that day will come, it will cost you serious money!
You can get an entire power supply section for the Tek 2465 for $50 or even buy a whole parts cow for a couple hundred.

But if you have to have a new scope repaired, the techs won't even open the box for $50.

Here we are promopting 7inch Large Color Display Oscilloscope, 50MHz and 100Mhz, if needed, you can contact with me, email:jerry.unique@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back