Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest a cheap FM transmitter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwavek

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:(

May I have some thing to fm radio transmission interchange that simple circuit embodiment is available? (fm transmitter ic)

Price should like to be cheap. (low price)

Frequency band is 80 - 100 Mhz.

Is going to use serving music transmission summer period.
(mp3 player,cd player, etc ..)

:?: :?: :!: :!: :?: :?:

fm transmitter chip

Hi,

If You are lucky enough, You can get an MC2833. That is an FM transmitter
chip.
Regards,
probert

transmitter ic

here is a verry simple example on just that, using a MAXIM Semiconductor MAX2606 VCO

complete example here
**broken link removed**

max2606 is avaible as free samples directly from maxim
/Kyndal

ba1417

Hello,

I want to purchase this chips about 20-50 qty. (Not free samples requiered) But Maxim sells minimum 2500 qty.

Where can buy it. Online purchasing preferred.

ic fm transmitter

More good solutions you can find at Rohm , for example take a look at BH1417
in the attachment you have the app note for BH1415 BH1416 BH1417

fm transmitter ics

BA1404 is an old known chip.

ic used in fm transmitter

Moof said:
BA1404 is an old known chip.

BA1404 has expired for years. now it's BA1414/15/16/17

ic for fm transmission

cozturk said:
Hello,

I want to purchase this chips about 20-50 qty. (Not free samples requiered) But Maxim sells minimum 2500 qty.

Where can buy it. Online purchasing preferred.

for you can buy ROHM ic's :
https://www.futurlec.com/ICSFROHM.shtml

BH1417 is not so hard to get ..but the 7.6Mhz xtal is a realy pain in the ass...I wait 2 month for I can get some of this

I try it to find BA1414/15/16/17 on Rohm site but they don't exist ...We can find only BH1414/1415/1416/1417

ic based fm transmitter

BA1417 is here: **broken link removed**

ROHM is our PCB customer, maybe I can help you to find some. And the crystal is also not a problem to me, some local factories make customer specified crystal for quantity at only 100 or 200 pcs.

mike

-----------------------------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

maxim fm transmitter

Sergiu_Q, ezpcb,

Thanks. I 'll try BH1416 with with 8Mhz xtal.

What will happen?

I think, transmitting frequency will be uncalculated. but still fixed and stable. Of course stereo mode should be not used.

What is your suggestions for 8Mhz xtall usage.

Is any info about rf out power. (>10mW?)

xtal based fm transmitter

ezpcb ..you have right :).....you know something about BH1418?...at a first look this will be a good solutions this type of transmitters .
about 8MHz xtal
cozturk..certainly you can't use stereo option of this ic using a 8MHz xtal ..but I'm not so sure you will cam make the modulation ...in a few hours I can tell you exactly if this is posible (because when I made this transmitter I tired to find 7.6MHz xtal and I made some calculs for I can see if I can use a more easy to find value for xtal )
about the power ...usual is a little more than 10mw ..and I was forced to design another filter who solve my output power problem . I tested this transmitter at 5V and the consumption was aprox 2.3 mA ..so certainly the output power is not too much more than 10mw

bh1418 schematic

how about designing your own fm transmitter? are there design guides in which we could refer to? and how does the power rating suited for home use?

rf transmitter ic

I bought BH1416 from futurlec. It works with 7.7Mhz xtal and also works with 8.xxx xtall and rf section works also without xtall.

Of course xtall needed to vco control for stable frequency. But output frequency changed according to xtall difference from 7.6. and LC section must be recalculated...(or finding by trial)

The circuit draws 20mA@5V. My problem is output level very low. How can increase ? A simple circuits which I tested unsuccessful .

Please suggest a mini booster for this chip

Thank you.

schematic of fm transmitter using ic

Hi

The RF output level is only about -7dBm and needs a 75 Ohm load. You can make a simple 75 -> 50Ohm resistive T pad with, say 3dB and then feed that to one of the minicircuits gain blocks The MAR-8ASM would work nicely for you with a gain of around 30dB and P1dB around 12.5dBm
**broken link removed**

E

fm transmitter ic

Check this datasheet. It contains both the TX and RX.

fm transmitter ic

Anyone have an applikation note for the BH1418Fv ?

Thnx,

4Stroke

ba1414

I am looking for a fm transmitter which is mostly like the BH1404(not availabel locally) type and simple to make so that i can transmitt sound from my laptop to all other recievers in my home as well as my cell phone...
Thanks

fm transmitting ic

bigwavek said:
:(

May I have some thing to fm radio transmission interchange that simple circuit embodiment is available? (fm transmitter ic)

Price should like to be cheap. (low price)

Frequency band is 80 - 100 Mhz.

Is going to use serving music transmission summer period.
(mp3 player,cd player, etc ..)

:?: :?: :!: :!: :?: :?:

Just build your own FM transmitter using transistor and some passive components. all you have to do is search the google for possible schematics. The easiest schematic will work as long ass you know basic operation of fm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back