Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] subtreshold leakage and supply voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

farzaneh_2561

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
I have a question, How does subtreshold leakage change with Supply Voltage and also technology?
Thanks

Sub threshold leakage is basically the leakage when the gate voltage is less than threshold voltage.

So, when the supply is less than Vt , we dont expect any current. But, due to charges there is a possibility of current flow from Source to drain and we term it as Sub threshold leakage

Technology :
If the library is Low Vt then the sub threshold effect will be more compared to HVT library.

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the concept. I guess I didn't describe my question very well. If we lower the VDD (but not under the threshold voltage) does it affect subthreshold voltage?

Yes, I hope you are talking about the drain voltage variation.
If the Drain voltage is more, more Diffussion area will be present in Drain region and hence more leakage.

Eg : Vdrain = 5V will have more leakage than Vdrain = 3V keeping Vt=1V .

\[Ids=Is\frac{W}{L}{e}^{\frac{Vgs}{Vt}}(1-{e}^{\frac{-Vds}{Vt}}+\frac{Vds}{Va})\]

Use this equation to estimate how threshold voltage varies with supply voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back