Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

subthreshold current mos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosaeidi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I used the following equation in order to model the MOS current in subthreshold region:

ids=I0* exp((Vgs-VT)/(n*Vth))*(1-exp(-Vds/Vth)) •

With Vgs=100mV, I ploted the current versus Vds. But the result is diffferent from the equation!!!

**broken link removed**

•"CMOS Analog Integrated Circuits Based on Weak Inversion Operation," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 224-231, June 1977.

Hi Rosaeidi,

It is normal to expect difference between the hand analysis equation and simulation. How far are the estimation and simulation? The error sources in this estimation are many: second-order effects, short channel effects, error in estimation of the slope factor (by the way, how have you estimated “n”?), and so on. Maybe it would be interesting to plot your simulation results. Regards,

Subthreshold slope varies hugely by process (Tox, NSS).
I suppose that's your "n". Did you fit it?

I found 'n' by simulation result. Simulation result for Vgs sweeping is good.

I have problem with Vds sweeping.
The following formula is from "Sub-threshold Design for Ultra Low-Power Systems"

The I-Vds plot of this book is:

This plot can't be a logarithmic plot! But the formula has a logarithmic relation with Vds. I think something is rong with formula.

The given formula can't be matched with the given plot.

This plot can't be a logarithmic plot! But the formula has a logarithmic relation with Vds. I think something is wrong with formula.

The given formula can't be matched with the given plot.

If you plot log(ID) vs. VDS with VGS as parameter, you'll see the exponential behavior:

97_1296218227.png

Hi

I think it is because of DIBL effect. I apply its effect and the result is ok!

Thanks

Hi

I think it is because of DIBL effect. I apply its effect and the result is ok!

Thanks

Hi rosaeidi I am also trying to figure out NMOS channel current model in subthreshold region, Could you show that equation with the effect of DIBL?
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back