Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Subthreshold analog design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
subthreshold analog design

Hi All,

Could some one give me name of a book that deals with designing analog circuits in subthreshold region of opeartion for mOS transistor.
I have been going through IEEE papers on the same but am unable to get a clear picture

thanks in advance

subthreshold analog circuit design

Hi,

For Sub-threshold operation you need to go early 1980, since that was the time where low power was very much interesting. After which technology shifted towards wireless and communication, thus moving towards high speed.

Back to the point, Check for Eric Vittoz, Prof in EPFL., Marc Degrawe, Prof at Univ of Neuchatel, Swiss, Christain Piguet, Prof at Unive of Neuchatel (CSEM, mainly for digital low power circuits).

Papers by these authors in 1980s give basic idea on how to work in weak inversion (Sub-threshold operation).

Hope this helps.

Prakash.

subthreshold design in analog

Weak inversion design is so popular in ultra low power design. I also have been studying in this areas. if anyone know pls share some references

Just a tidbit of information:

The first company to commercially use subthreshold mosfets was Swatch, for their watches to save battery life.

Since February 2011 it'll be available on JSSC the design methodology of Subthreshold Voltage References, its DOI is 10.1109/JSSC.2010.2092997

Status
Not open for further replies.