Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substrate's attributes at 60 GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWR

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I have a question wrt using materials that are provided in CST, HFSS etc..
Are the permittivity and the loss tangent already adapted to 60 GHz case in those simulators? since many dielectric materials change their relative perm and loss tangent over large different operating frequency.

and my second question is, whether user-input material's param is also automatically adapted for e.g. 60 GHz behavior?

If anyone has any idea, how to get list of dielectric material's attribute for 60 GHz, since right now I am working on this freq.

Thank you

Dear All,

in CST, HFSS etc..
Are the permittivity and the loss tangent already adapted to 60 GHz case in those simulators? since many dielectric materials
IMHO they are quite fine advanced calculators.
Are the permittivity and the loss tangent already adapted to 60 GHz case in those simulators? since many dielectric materials change their relative perm and loss tangent over large different operating frequency.
No, for good materials as Arlon, Roger they declare parameters @ 10GHz and that is more or less OK for band up to 60GHz. Obliviously that is not polar material ( against FR4) and imaginary part of perm is low and depends from frequency not so bright and tangent loss definitely increase, but not so significant for micro stripes @50-60GHz ( for filters of course it looks worst ). Here are much worst think like anisotropy by direction. Horizontal and vertical perm are different.
I`m wondered, typically the man why starts to work with such infrequences, haven't questions concerning substrates. It belongs to scenario.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back