Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substitute of FET in the circuit below

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
I ve got a link related stereo to mono convertor (active type) which is here as follows

https://ahd1at.blogspot.in/2012/08/stereo-to-mono-converter-based-on-fet.html

stereo to mono.jpg

In the above circuit what can we implant in place of the FET (2N3819) at final output ?

Is it possible to place any other type or same is compulsory ?

if yes then what is the substitute for it ? please comment . . . . . . . thanks

The 2N3819 Jfet has an IDSS of from 2mA to 20mA.
A 2N5458 has an IDSS of from 2mA to 9mA and can be used,
a 2N5459 has an IDSS of from 4mA to 16mA and can be used,
a 2N5485 has an IDSS of from 4mA to 10mA and can be used,
and a 2N5486 has an IDSS of from 8mA to 20mA and can be used.

You can use a bipolar transistor with additional bias circuit (base voltage divider, coupling capacitor).

Probably this option would bring some "complexity", due to be not a simple replacement on PCB, but to require not predicted components.

+++

Probably this option would bring some "complexity", due to be not a simple replacement on PCB, but to require not predicted components.
Yes. The original post wasn't quite clear what should be placed instead of 2N3819.

2N3819 is a popular and well available JFET, so I don't see a reason to replace it with a different type. I would probably use BF245C (or BFR30 SMD type), but almost any NJFET can do. If a larger input voltage level should be processed without distortion, higher Vgs,off values are necessary. A BJT emitter follower gives better linearity but higher part count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back