Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stupid question about starting analog design

Status
Not open for further replies.

heverlee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:

I am an analog newbee who is still digging into the books for design techniques.

I wonder in the real design, do the expierenced people really try to characterize those K values from models and use square law to get the first estimation of the device dimensions? I see all the books are doing like this, is this also the case in industrial design?

do you have other alternatives?

thanks a lot

what do you mean by analog design?

What's the meaning of K? Is K the transcondutance parameter? Is yes, it depends on the technology you are using.
For example, if you are designing a circuit in technology CMOS 0,35, Kn= 120 µA/V2 and Kp=50 µA/V2.

I hope it helps you.

Hi,
While designing analog circuits one first does so called "back-of-the-envelope calculations" where you use simplified, scaled-down models and you try to understand the trend as you change some parameters etc.Once you have an rough estimate ,you can improve on your designs by simulation tools to conform to the given specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back