Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stupid but URGENT question about in-circuit emulator (NEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepty

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It may be a stupid question but I really need somebody to help me! Thanks.

I am using the NEC IECUBE in-circuit emulator (78K0KX2). I want to know whether I need a real MCU soldered on the target board (my PCB assembly) when using this emulator? Or this emulator can replace the real MCU?( I don't need a real MCU soldered on the PCB, instead I connect the cable from the emulator directly to my board)?

Please help me, it is really urgent!
Thank you very much!

Noneed to use the real MCU the in-circuit emulator can instead the MCU. Do you have an adapter (same pin of MCU). You just solder a emulator adapter to your target board.

Re: Stupid but URGENT question about in-circuit emulator (NE

firmware said:
Noneed to use the real MCU the in-circuit emulator can instead the MCU. Do you have an adapter (same pin of MCU). You just solder a emulator adapter to your target board.

Thanks you.:D
Yes, I have the adaptor. In fact, I have used some emulators for 8051 and other MCU before, I had not used the real IC when debugging as well, but when I read the data sheet of the NEC in-circuit emulator (IECUBE): **broken link removed**
It mentioned about the "target device", that is the IC. It seems that the IC is connected with the adaptor. I don't understand that.

in-circuit-debugger or in-circuit-emulator check it, if in-circuit-debugger that mean you ned to connect the real IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back