Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stuff has stopped happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick_freebird

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've noticed that ads no longer pop in before
I can log in (not complaining). At the same
time I no longer see the "stuff" for posts, replies,
activities in my Notifications.

Not sure if this a 'board thing, or a user settings
thing?

Hi,

In notifications bell icon (when it shows numbers), when I click on it, a drop-down appears about replies to posts, etc. Not sure if that's what you mean. I'm using Android on a mobile to do things and don't think I modified my user settings but couldn't make any promises on that count.

Brian, I don't see any popups at all when I log in probably due to using Firefox with ublock origin, which seems to block the pop ups.

Using bog-standard Firefox under Linux here. The occasional pop-up isn't a problem, it's the horribly slow internet that makes the problem so much worse. I have 1Mb/s at best but living in a rural location that is flooded with tourists at this time of year, all wanting to stream movies and video chats, the telco simply can't cope. For example, about half the times I visit edaboard the CSS doesn't load, or loads so slowly that I can watch the fonts loading character by character. I get the text but the formatting takes maybe 10 seconds to put things in the right places. Similarly, I always get a cookie warning but it could pop up after I have already typed several lines of reply to a message.

I'm promised 'FTTH' 1 Gb/s 'real soon' but that promise has been made for the past 10 years and I'm still at the end of 5Km of twisted copper wire with a 63dB line attenuation.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.