Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Studying Leakage Current Graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

fido-fido

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm lost, do you guys mind guiding me here? How do we read leakage current from a IV characteristics graph?

Attached is a sample IV curve, where red is showing a bad pin while green is showing a good pin. I'm referring to the lower part of the graph, the Gnd_diode (is it?).

So from the picture, leakage current is the point where the green cross is or the red cross? Thanks a lot in advance!

I have readed a little about the theme and what I understand is that the leakage current is the current that is present in the junction when this is inversely biased. In others words is the current from 0 voltage still the negative values of the voltage. the abrupt increment in the current is due to the avalanche effect.
If is helpful for you I have the gray book in where explains this.

I see, so briefly and to reconfirm; it's the current at zero voltage, is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back