Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stratix gx/ stratix ii gx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinsin83

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
from altera website, i read that they have the stratix gx version of the stratix family. but i dun really understand wat do they mean.
how are they different from the stratix family?
what do they mean by high-density fpgas and transceiver fpgas?
what about stratix ii gx are they are in the market for development already?

regards,
chinsin

Stratix II Gx are stratix II family FPGAs with Gigabit Transceivers.
They are equivalent to Xilinx Rocket IO's or Rapid IO's in Virtex II pro Family of FPGAs.
These Gigabit Transceivers are provided as inbuilt IP's which can be customized for user applications.
They are Mostly used for designing Framers(SONET SDH) and for broad band applications.

ic .. thanks alot veejaye.

so if im interested to try DSP applications i would have to choose stratix ii or virtex-4 sx family? ..

i found that xilinx have the
-ML402 evaluation platform,
-the video starter kit,
-and the XtremeDSP development kit,

but altera only have the
-DSP development kit, stratix ii edition or professional edition,

and is the 'nios ii development kit, stratix ii edition' for embedded applications?

Added after 23 minutes:

sorry to ask this, very new to this line. xlinx system generator runs in simulink as a plug-in rite? but does dsp builder run in simulink the same way or is it a separate program that can export its blocks to simulink environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back