Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange results of S-parameter simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

countmybones

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bfp405 unstable amplifier

Hi, I am doing a S-parameter simulation for a wideband LNA. But the problem is the simulation results is far from expectation. I am using Siemens BFP405 transistor. I have used some RF chokes for the DC biasing circuit and two DC blocking capacitors. What is the problem? There is no gain at all. Thank you.

s parameter simulation

about the gain , there is no gain , coz the resistor in the base of the transistor , it is very large which will attenuate RF singal very much

i have used ur amp , and changed this resistor with 100 ohm one , and the amplifier begin to give a gain the circuit and the results attached with this message

which this help

s parameter of 100 ohm resistor

Thanks a lot, it sure helped me. :) Now I wonder why is the resistor there in the first place since it will attenuate the RF signal.

s-parameter simulation results

usually this resistor is added to ensure stabilty of the amplifier , coz of the transistor high gain , the tarnsistor could be potentially unstable and may oscillate in some resistive loading

so this ressitor is to be added but it sould not disturbe or affect the bias point

i wish this help

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back