Strange Question about air single layer coil???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i make an air core single layer coil using a wire which has a plastic isolation ??

Indeed there are some equ. and software which can help but the problem they asking about the wire diameter ..

so if u used the wire diameter including its isolations will it change its value alot??????

Hi,
If you are asking about the change in thickness, it does not really matter. The actual change is very less.
B RM

The wire diameter has a second order effect in the internal inductance value which adds to the external inductance. It also affects the parasitic resistance and capacitance. You will have to either use nonstranded wire of large diameter for rigidity or a coil form of good insulating value, like plastic or ceramic, to mechanically hold the coil in shape.

Calculation must be made for noninsulated wire. What insulation is adding to calculation is interval between wire turns and increases internal diameter. Practically you will have to make more turns as at close wound inductor. Wire insulation increases parasitic capacitance of inductor. You can download Calcoil program to make quick calculations.
**broken link removed**

I know this program "Calcoil" ,it is so great...

but it didn't ask if the coil is isolated or not...

or i have to take the isolation width in the interval value ????

The thicknessX2 of insulation should be added to interval. The thicknessX2 should be added to diameter of coil former. The wire diameter should be measured on copper widouth the insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…