Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange !! Problem with My network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 4 servers and 20 client pcs and all are in same network, problem is that i can ping a server from all pcs but i cannot ping it from anather server but that anather server is pinging from anather client pc help me i have checked that the problem get solved for while when repairing connection on that server .. please help me ..

To rephrase what I think you're saying: You can ping Server A and Server B from any PC, but you can't ping Server A from Server B. Is that correct?

If so, there's nothing in a switched network that could cause your problem. However, you may have firewalls running on one or more of your servers which are blocking one or more of the IP addresses (maybe a range of addresses) in your network. They could be completely blocking the addresses, or just ICMP messages. What operating systems are involved?

Ed

Yes edpalmer42 you are perfectly given answer to my problem; there is problem with symantec configuration on one of the server and the problem is resolved now .. thanks very much this forum is very helfull to me thanks again. keep helping to others *** Bless You. (Sorry for bad english..)

- - - Updated - - -

hey why the last word displayed in stars ???? ----that word is "G**O**D"

Status
Not open for further replies.