Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strange problem with L298

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sorry i posted this in another setion before but didn't got ne reply..so i thought this might be the right place to ask.(sorry mods this isn't for gaining points or anething)

while i was working with this L298 IC , one half of the full bridge circuit just dont seem to work correctly.
i controlled my first motor with one half of the IC correctly while running the motor at 10khz. i am using pic877a for controlling purpose.
the voltage given to the motor is 9v.but when i attached my motor to the other half and used the same code that i used with the first half,motor dont rotates i both directions.
which means it moves in one direction and it can stop but not able to move in other direction. there couldn't be a problem with the code as i used it successfully with the first half of L298. i checked the voltage output at output pins of the l298 ic in both cases i.e., when moving and when not moving. when its moving correctly the voltage output at one pin is 5.7v and second 2.4v . but when not moving the voltage output being 0.1 & o.2v i.e., logicaly zero. i checked the outputs from miicro pins that are input to the IC and thats working fine in both case i.e., its changing its state between high and low respectively while i try to reverse the diretion of motor. pwm pulse is also going out.the motor i am using is 9v rated standard mabuchi motors.is it possible that the other half of IC is damaged and not functioning properly?

thanks for reading all this and plz reply.

regards

That most likely indicates a faulty IC as both halves are identical so they should work in the same way with identical control signals ..
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.