Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Storing data in program memory(AT89s52)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ergman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

How can I store some data into the on chip ROM of uC AT89s52 using Assembly Language.
PS: I could have done it using the DB directive but in this case i want to copy the contents of a RAM location to the internal ROM. I've tried using the instruction:

MOV DPTR,#2000H
MOVC @DPTR,#data

But the above mentioned instruction is not supported...it gives errors while assembling....

Is there any other way to do it???

Thnx...

The feature you are asking for is depending on the hardware capability to write to the flash memory during program execution (so called self-write). It's not available for AT89S52 family.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The feature you are asking for is depending on the hardware capability to write to the flash memory during program execution (so called self-write). It's not available for AT89S52 family.

Is there any other uC which is compatible with AT89s52 and has this "self write" capability???

E.g. NXP P89V51RD2 has the feature, there called IAP (in-application programming).

Reactions: ergman

ergman

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Ohk @FvM...Thanks for your help.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ohk @FvM...Thanks for your help.. :)

Many silabs mcu-s have self programming feature!
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.