Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stock management of essential commodities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayececit

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Friends im going 2 do the project "stock management of essential commodities",in this proj if the stock of the essential item is going to finish then the microcontroller will automatically send message to the user.For this project the essential item should be placed in weighing machine if the weight of object goes below the critical weight the microcontroller will send message to the user.

Now i ve some probs in interfacing weighing machine and controller.Is there any way for interface these both controller and weighing scale or any other alternative method 4 this.

please help me to interface the controller with weighing machine.:sad:

What "weighing machine" are you using? I am sure that you could get hold of a pair of scales with a proportional voltage output, if that was the case then you could just use an ADC to measure the voltage output which is proportional to the weight. The only limitation would be the accuracy of your ADC and the accuracy of the output of the scales.
You could possibly get some kind of serial communications output from the scales ??
I really don't know without looking into it more but I suggest you start by looking at what types of outputs you can get from various types of scales and find one that works with the particular microcontroller that you are using.

/Pheetuz

Status
Not open for further replies.