Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM8S003F3 ADC single scan mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodstanur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
recently I started playing with stm8s microcontroller, I am using stm8s003f3 microcontroller.
I am planning to use SCAN MODE in adc. From the datasheet it seems like scan mode can happen only from ADC0 to ADCn where n is the channel number.
Single scan mode.
This mode is used to convert a sequence of analog channels from AIN0 to AINn where ‘n’ is
the channel number defined by the CH[3:0] bits in the ADC_CSR register. During the scan
conversion sequence the CH[3:0] bits are updated by hardware and contain the channel
number currently being converted.

But in the stm8s003f3 the ADC channel numbering starts from ADC2. (ADC2 to ADC6 (5 channels))
So I am a bit confused how to configure the SCAN mode channel limit settings.

Hi,
recently I started playing with stm8s microcontroller, I am using stm8s003f3 microcontroller.
I am planning to use SCAN MODE in adc. From the datasheet it seems like scan mode can happen only from ADC0 to ADCn where n is the channel number.

But in the stm8s003f3 the ADC channel numbering starts from ADC2. (ADC2 to ADC6 (5 channels))
So I am a bit confused how to configure the SCAN mode channel limit settings.

Hi,

Same for me. I'm validating my design with the "STM8S Value Line Discovery" which is implemanted with a STM8S003K3. It has ADC inputs from CH0 to 3.
I'm now wondering if my scan mode will work well when I'll switch to STM8S003F3 with CH2 to CH5... :-?
Did you already try this feature?

Stephane

Hi...vinodstanur,

I am planning to start with STM8S003F3, so can you please tell me from where i can get that discovery kit...

and about how much its costly??......which compiler for it we can use, specially with 'C' language..??

Regards,

Hi...vinodstanur,

I am planning to start with STM8S003F3, so can you please tell me from where i can get that discovery kit...

and about how much its costly??......which compiler for it we can use, specially with 'C' language..??

Regards,

I bought it from element14, the stm8s discovery board. But it is not STM8S003F3, it is having a better 8s with more flash and RAM. But I am using the discovery as a programmer and debugger for STM8S003F3 in my custom board.

Compiler I am using is cosmic, which is a thirdparty compiler which U can integrate to the IDE STVD from ST.

Vinodstanur,

If I need to design simple development board of stm8s...can you please help/guide me for its basic circuit(I.e as we generally seen in case of 8051/PIC/AVR like.. crystal ckt, reset ckt, programming pins like MOSI,MISO, DATA, PGM,VCC,GND or any EP pin to vcc or gnd etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.