Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM8S003 Issue with Load Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4id

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

We have a switching circuit with an STM8S003F3 driving a triac to switch a heating element.

Whenever the element is jerked or moved suddenly / shaken lightly, the board resets immediately. Have tried a RC snubber on load to no avail.

What else can we do? Please advise.

TIA

PS : Schematic and PCB layout attached.

Attachments

• schclr.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 124
  • PCB.png
    PCB.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 184

The snubber seems as being at the wrong place, I would expect in parallel with the load; in addition, it is in series with the microcontroller's 'power source'.

Hi,

* I see no true GND plane.
* why confusing multiple names for one single node: GND, ACL, GND_Symbol...
* What is D2 good for?
* be sure there is no floating signal (no microcontroller I/O must be left floating)
* J1 --> J3: It seems the load current travels a long way across the whole PCB ... maybe even underneath the microcontroller.
* C5 has lengthy wiring .. not to a clean GND point, but to a dirty load current trace.
* C2 has lengthy wiring with unknown path

A nowadays PCB layout is not "just connecting pins".
It needs a careful concept, considering
* Clean GND and dirty GND (especially when stray inductance at a switching node will cause ground bounce at the microcontroller)
* clean signals and dirty signals in general. (especially when power switching signals (with high dV/dt and high dI/dt) will cause crosstalk, interference, coupling ...on sensitive signals)
* HF regarding EMI/EMC.

Klaus

I love opto!!!

I would use in my circuits... Even though it is not an isolated power source!!!

kkkkk...

Attachments

• interface.png
    interface.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 142

Status
Not open for further replies.