Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM8s Discover and Bootloader linking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

downybear

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am experienced in many micros and IDE's except of STM family and their tools.

To try with this platform I have bought Discover board with STM8s105c6.
I have compiled and tested couple of simple examples in STVD (4.3.1) with free Cosmic, no problem.

Now I am trying with bootloader because I love bootloaders :) and problems came.

Originally in:

STM_STM8_STM8L101F2_Gallery MCU_Board Support Packages(BSP)_STMicroelectronics.BSP_1.zip

bootloader for STM8s 32k is configured for STM8s208MB, but after micro change to STMS105C6 linker doesn't work and says:

#error clnk Release\stm8bootloader.lkf:1 no default placement for segment .FLASH_CODE
The command: "clnk -l"C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_16K\Lib" -o Release\stm8bootloader.sm8 Release\stm8bootloader.lkf " has failed, the returned value is: 1
exit code=1.

The same problems occurs if I change destination from Debug to Release for original project's micro (STM8s208MB).

I know that I should change sizes of internal areas in Main.h, but change from Debug to Release in original project gives the same effect.

It looks like some directories problem (doubled headers, toolchain configuration ???) or something like that, but I don't know good this IDE yet :(.
Where to look and what for to look.
I have spent over it last two days, and therefore question here.

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance

Regards
Mariusz

Self service done :)
Because I haven't found nowhere definition of the FLASH_CODE, I have removed it.
In the meantime I have tested with IAR Workbench and of course effect was the same because of conditional for COSMIC and IAR with undefined FLASH_CODE.

Now bootloader works.
Mariusz

Status
Not open for further replies.