Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] STM32F407 Dicovery Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravindrakant Jha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am getting this problem while using USART of STM32F407 discovery Board,I have configured the USART1 ,pin no PB6(Tx) and PB7(Rx) for the purpose,In the program whenever the USART something from terminal ,the led glows.But the STM32F407 is not receiving anything,
I configured the value of HSE_Value to 8000000
and PLL_M from 25 to 8?

I need help here I am using the CMSIS provided by the ST community.

Thanks in Advance!

Are you using 8 MHz external Crystal ? What is the SYSCLK frequency ?

Use the attached Oscillator Configuration files (main.c). I have generated code for 8 MHz external Crystal and 96 MHz SYSCLK.

Attachments

• STM32F407VGT6_OSC_CONFIG.rar
    15 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Hi,

First you need to check the beat of the system i.e configured clock frequency of the system.
I think in CMSIS code they configured it to 168Mhz.

Another thing you should check USART1 is connected to the which peripheral set APB1 (or) APB2, then there is a bit to enable the clock frequency for that particular (USART1) peripheral.

I think problem is you didn't enable clock for the peripheral, check this it will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.