Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM32 single-wire communication protocol(USART)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhakar R

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Adopt international standard SIF communication protocol, and the interface is universal and convenient.
The master-slave mode adopts single line one-way transmission, that is, only one transmission line is required.

Example Data 1.png

Example data 2.png

i need to transmit above given example data using single-wire communication.
if you known any one guide me.

Hi,

no problem for a PLD, but should be no problem for a PWM hardware inside the STM, too.
Basically I see just 3 patterns
* 1 bit time 100% HIGH = START
* 33% LOW, 67% HIGH = 1
* 66% LOW, 33% HIGH = 0

I guess the STM even can handle this "waveform generation" via DMA.

Klaus

The protocol is so slow that it can be handled by almost any uC without particular hardware acceleration.

Hello,
Adopt international standard SIF communication protocol, and the interface is universal and convenient.
The master-slave mode adopts single line one-way transmission, that is, only one transmission line is required.

View attachment 181629

View attachment 181630

i need to transmit above given example data using single-wire communication.
if you known any one guide me.
Hello Sir,
Please Explain about "SIF Communication Protocol"
what is and how it's work?

india_nik@ymail.com

The question should be answered by the original poster. I'm not aware of a commonly known "SIF" serial protocol. There are several industry standard bidirectional single wire protocols like Dallas one-wire or SIM card SWP.

Status
Not open for further replies.