Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] STM32 Homework Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeboi007

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My homework is below:
In this problem, connect your seven segment display and implement a count up timer. It should sit at zero, once the external button is pressed, it should count up to the max value (i.e. 9999) then once it overflows to 0, it should stop, and light up an LED (on-board or external). Pressing the button again should clear the LED and count again. For this problem, your main loop should not have anything. All the functionality should be inside your interrupts.

I am using a STM32 microcontroller with M0+ core.

Which resources should I look for?

it is your homework
you need to put in some effort, show the work you did, then ask for help
no one is going to do your homework for you

some guidance:
draw a flowchart - start with pushing the button
then list the things that happen - counter, display, etc
what changes the behavior? - full count, push switch, etc

what interrupts do you need?
what causes the interrupt?
what does the interrupt do?

Hi,

your description is rather vague.
And yes, we see no effort.

A hand made drawing with a couple of black boxes. A timing diagram, a flow chart ... anything is better than nothing.

We don´t know
* how the 7-segment is connected. Does it need software controlled multiplexing?
* who decides how fast it counts
* how often you want a display refresh.

Let´s say you use an internal hardware counter. Maybe it runs with 72MHz, then counting from 0 to 9999 just takes 0.14ms.
Before your eyes can recognize the countin it will stop at 9999.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.