Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM32 Clones/Alternatives from another maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-music

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I know the GD32 MCUs, clones/replacement of some STM32s, are out there for quite some time now. But has anyone heard of AGM32? I have found this by coincidence yesterday and I'm quite impressed:
AGM32

AG32F407 core is much faster (248 Mhz) with all necessary peripherals. But where to get design material for these? I sent them email, but didn't hear back from them yet. Their website is really weird. Single email address, no phone, and yet no info at all about the devices shown on their web page. They even say they have replacements for very popular FPGAs like the MachXO and Max10.

This could be of great help since I can't find stock of most F4, L4, and L5 series. Well, unless they publish some misleading info. I don't know.

Zaher

If I'm not mistaken, the STM32 has support for the Proteus simulator, which is a powerful tool in baremetal firmware development, and in that sense if I were you, I would consider balancing the pros and cons of speed gain with another chip at the expense of loss of this tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.