Status
Not open for further replies.

denver56

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI! I have to put an analogic PCB composed by amplfiers,capacitors and resistance inside an incubator with cells. DO you have any idea how to sterilize it without damaging components ?
THX!

HI! I have to put an analogic PCB composed by amplfiers,capacitors and resistance inside an incubator with cells. DO you have any idea how to sterilize it without damaging components ?
THX!

What is temp during sterilization process ? I think its to high for parts for longer time. In each part datasheet you can see soldering max temp and duration.

Maybe, PCB with whole parts on it, should be thickly lacquered, chemicaly treated with Asepsole or similar chemical before use and then putted into some metalic sterilized closed box.

In autoclave should be around 120 °C. Don't you have any other idea instead of autoclave ?

120C will be problem for capacitors, specialy electrolytic.

Maybe with gas sterilization Chlorine Dioxide.

or

Ethylene Oxide (ETO) Sterilization

Ethylene oxide (ETO) was first reported in 1859, and gained industrial importance in the early 1900s. ETO sterilization for the preservation of spices was patented in 1938. The use of ETO evolved when few alternatives existed for sterilizing heat- and moisture-sensitive medical devices.

**broken link removed**

Think about to complete put PCB into some epoxy as box, to reduce potential surface for hiding some unwanted material. That will also help in sterilization proces, if you have flat and smooth surfaces. That will explude PCB parts repairing capability, but bring better sterilization. Sometimes parts on PCB can works very long, long time before they die, and sometimes whole PCB is changed as module.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…