Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stereo and mono plug issues when connecting MIC connector and signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, in the correct circuit, you would connect the output of the Modulator to one end of the variable potentiometer and ground to the other end. Then take the variable connection and use that as the output signal. You probably don't need to follow that with an OpAmp but if you did, it would have zero gain (output connected to non-inverting input) and you would only use the OpAmp if you needed to provide a low impedance source to the next stage of your project.

So what u mean is that for my circuit design, I should just exclude the op amp and connect a variable resistor alone to the output of of my modulator with the other end of the variable resistor as my output signal?

That's ALMOST right.
Connect one end of the variable resistor to the output of the modulator.
Connect the other end to ground.
Connect the variable connection to the output.
(This is really just a simple volume control)

You don't need to use an OpAmp for this, )unless there is some more processing to be done to the signal after it leaves the modulator)

Last edited:

Thanks a lot! I was able to decrease the amplitude without the op amp and still contains my two frequecies.

Hi,

I working on this project which I am using a transceiver to transmit analog signals generated from the signal generator. I am planning to use the external MIC connector to connect the signal generator to it with the help of a stereo plug cable with the other end as a pair of crocodile clips to clip to the signal generator. But the external MIC connector is meant for stereo plug cables. So my question is to ask what should I do with the extra third cable of the stereo plug cable cause my signal generator only require two cables (for the signal and ground)?

Thanks

Regards

HI, You have at least 2 solutions: 1) to use only one of your stereo transceiver inputs (R or L and gnd), and 2) to short circuit your generator output to both inputs. Very probably you will face no problem if transceiver input impedances are at least 10Kohm, otherwise these may sink extracurrent from generator and load it (in such case you may need a buffer (stereo). You have to care the generator's voltage to not saturate input(s). Hopefuly it will work easily. Rgds, Augusto.

HI, You have at least 2 solutions: 1) to use only one of your stereo transceiver inputs (R or L and gnd), and 2) to short circuit your generator output to both inputs. Very probably you will face no problem if transceiver input impedances are at least 10Kohm, otherwise these may sink extracurrent from generator and load it (in such case you may need a buffer (stereo). You have to care the generator's voltage to not saturate input(s). Hopefuly it will work easily. Rgds, Augusto.

Augusto

it may help to read the earlier posts and you would find there is NO stereo signal audio input to the radio

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back