Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepping motor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynxysh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what electronic component that i can replace for stepping motor??and how should i check?for example,change to resistor and check its current.except this way is that any way to improve?XD

what electronic component that i can replace for stepping motor??and how should i check?for example,change to resistor and check its current.except this way is that any way to improve?XD
Stepping motor or stepper motor?
If stepper motor then more correctly it should be electrical component or device. You can't replace a stepper motor with any other type of motor, stepper motors consist of a driver circuit which produce specific type of signal for the specific kind of stepper motor. Yes you can change the stepper motor with another same kind of stepper motor.

Are you asking about replacing electronic components of the driver circuit ? then provide us with a proper schematic and the components you want to replace.

Good Luck

Sorry to tell that i do not have any schematic diagram here.yes,is stepper motor,I doing a functional checking project and I do not need to a stepper motor device to check.but i will supply voltage and signal to that"electronic component".

If I undertood, you need simulate a stepper motor.
You can use resitors, but there are many type of stepper motors.
Do you have an idea about that you need?

Elio

Change the coil by the resistor.

Calcule R using nominal voltage and current.

----/\/\/\/\----------/\/\/\/\/\/---
| | |
| | |
1 2 3

If you need a specification, I can help you.

Here is a video demonstrating how to test, determine type, and wiring configuration of a stepper motor using just a multimeter:

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.