Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor vibrates while step forward and backward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarTorch

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stepper motor vibrations

I am doing a stepper motor control project. But it vibrates while step forward and backward. Is there anyone can help to solve it? any suggest artical/ books? Tks.

stepper vibrates

hi
check
the switching sequence
or
the amount ofcurrent and voltage supplied to the motor by the driving circuit

regards

stepper motor vibration circuit

I have chosen the voltage and current according to the manufacturer's spec. But it still not so good. I think I need start from the foundation.

stepper motor vibrates

SolarTorch said:
I am doing a stepper motor control project. But it vibrates while step forward and backward. Is there anyone can help to solve it? any suggest artical/ books? Tks.

i often encountered this also. the usual problem is voltage. Check the power supply whether it can supply enough voltage & current. Possibly, check your driver IC. what driver are you using to drive the motor?

stepper motor vibrates

I 'm using a MCU to drive the stepper motor.

stepper motor vibration

hi
i have a complete solution for u
1- u have to increase the driving frequancy at least at 2Khz
2- use chopping control to achieve this case using L298 with L297 circuit
3- try to fix the motor right with rubbers rings or else to eliminate the noise and vibration

Added after 2 minutes:

again
u can use 10 times the rated voltage of the motor EX if the motor rated voltage is 4.5 V u can run at 45 V and no harm for the motor but u must to limit the current at the rated current , this will make a highr torque and speed charachtaristics

Re: Stepper Motor Vibration

Sorry, what is the " L298 with L297 circuit"?

this proplem happened with me , and the sol of it was by change the IC driver circuits.

I think u should remind to frenquency to control driver IC. seconly, the current of load and IC.

if u want to know what is L298 and L297 please check www.st.com and search for them

Stepper Motor Vibration

it is due to the delay problem. The time between two sequence should be some minimum value. The one I used was of 4ms. I have explained it on my book
MY EXPERIENCE IN AUTONOMOUS ROBOTICS

It is a free book. You can get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin

h**p://groups.yahoo.com/group/booksbybibin/

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.