Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Stepper Motor Drive & Control for three axis translation mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

umargill

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All Respectable Members,

I hope some of you are expert of stepper motor driving & controlling mechanism. Some may have learned it from this forum.
I need your help.
I am designing a three axis translation mechanism using stepper motors. So I am using 3 NEMA 17, 4 Lead Bipolar stepper motors for the purpose(Datasheet Attached). I am finished with the mechanical part & image is attached. I am now moving towards the drive & control part. I am allowed to use any circuit & software. Can any one please guide me to accomplish this task? Your help will be a valuable input.

Many thanks for reading my post.

Attachments

• Final Stepper Motor Selected.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 191

This looks like a good point to start with... Helpful. Thanks Hassan

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 ----------

This looks like a good point to start with... Helpful. Thanks Hassan & KAK ....

Dear All,
I have found something after alot of net surfing. Please find its document attached with.
Your comments regarding this product are very important for me.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• Driver Very Very Important 2.pdf
    645.7 KB · Views: 184

This is one of many available so called CNC router card.

You can find these TB6560 Driver Controller Board for 3- or 5-axis
( Another manufacturers cards for industrial use 3- to 12- axis or more)

If you can use G-codes for programming movements , you can find free programs for it.
Older cards use PC´s parallel port for commands, newer ones use USB.

I have been made many different industrial multi axis control systems for metal works
(CNC Milling and turning machines , etc... )
Systems created with Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Heidenhain, NUM , etc

If you can tell more about your device, maybe I can help you more.

Regards KAK

PS. Something for read.......

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www.cncgeeker.com/images/manual/CNC/3axisTB6560cncdriveCNCGeeker.pdf

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Dear kak111,

Many thanks again for writing & sharing such valuable stuff. I really feel that I am stitched with the wise man to become wise.:grin:
Let me introduce my application.

As the image attached shows, there are three axis called X, Y & Z axis. The stage mounted upon Z-Axis will be used for a small sensor (Very small weight). After integrating all mechanical parts together, the weight of any axis will be 1.5 kg each. Now combining three axis together, will cover a 3 D space (Volume) of 25 cm X 25 cm X 25 cm. I am using a Bipolar NEMA 17 stepper motor for motion along each axis. The purpose of this mechanism is to provide a platform for a sensor to analyse Properties of Plasma particles inside a vacuum chamber. This sensor will be placed at different positions in the above mentioned space (Volume). I am finished with the mechanical design. Now the task is to control & perform motion for the sensor along each axis. Lets say that it can take measurements at discrete points in 3 D space with 25 points (each point 1 cm apart) on each axis.

Kindly tell me the feasibility of using the TB6560 card for this purpose.
In addition now a days, Laptops don't come with these sort of Ports. Also mostly have windows 7 installed. Is it possible to use USB2.0 for such mechanism?
Am I required to make computer Programmes as well?
Many thanks for reading & patience.

Kind Regards:

GILL

Dear Sir (KAK111),

Many thanks again.
Let me surf these.

Have a good day too.

Regards:
GILL

please check below references may help you...
hxxp: // www . embeddedtronics . com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back