Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepped Impedance Lowpass Filter in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

monolothics

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

i'm currently designing LPF using stepped impedance that operate at 9.4 GHz and also i want my LPF have constant 90° phase shift at 9.4 GHz
so after i have the L-C value, i transform it to microstrip with

dielectric constant (εr) = 2.33
dielectric thickness (h) = 0.787 mm

and
Zlow = 10 Ω
Zhi = 110 Ω

so when i simulate it using schematic in ADS i get very good output,
but when i simulate it in ADS layout using microwave simulation i can't get the exact result like the one i simulate using schematic

anyone has an idea??

here's a picture
LPF using schmatic.jpgPhase Shift using schematic.jpgLPF in ADS Layout.jpgSusbtrate model.jpgPhase Shift Using ADS Momentum.jpg

Ports are very close therefore there may be a calibration error because of coupling.Instead of that, connect the ports to extended MS Lines with 50 Ohm to push out the ports each other.

Hi Big Boss
thx for the reply

but how to decide the length of the 50 ohm ms line??? i tried to use linecalc in ads and tried an arbitrary length of microstrip line then i simulate it but the result is still far from the scematic result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back