Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

step up DC-DC converter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayswasthi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step-up converter design

Hi,
Am a new user and just logged in.Could any one help me out with a dc -dc converter design. the specs are as follows.
Input Voltage 90-140V DC
Output Voltage : 400V DC slightly adjustable using MT pot.
Power: 3KW
Topology : Full Bridge input stage ,step up transformer, rectifier , output filter and PWM control
Isolation : HF Transformer isolation
Switching Frequency : 40Khz Or UPWARDS
Efficiency : minimum 90%
o/p regulation:1% from no load to full load

kind regards,
Jay

step up dc-dc switching power loss

you can use boost converter, why did you choose full brige it is costly with compared to boost.

and tell do you wnat to control with microcontroller or with any PWM IC

give reply i ll help you,

ramesh

step up converter design

Hi Ramesh,
If you are able to give me a boost converter design with isolation that would be great.
for the moment a PWM control will do.
thanks a lot
kind regards,
Jay

updc toronto

It's a very advanced project, why not just buy one? 3KW @ 400VDC will not be a cheap design. Why are you building it?

soft switching dc to dc converter

Hi ,
It would perhaps be prudent to buy it off the shelf. Could you give any price indications? for say 10 pcs. Do you manufacture them yourself?
kind regards,
Jay

dc dc step up rectifier

hi jayswasthi

boost will not provide isolation.....if you want without isolation i can give.

and if you want isolation use full bridge/half bridge

ramesh

step up converter toronto

I also do similar thing for my final year project. What is the price of this product? What is the approximate budget (US$)for my project? Also, I would lik to ask ramesh, Why do you make it? We can share the experience later?

Achieve this level of efficiency may be difficult with PWM hard-switched topology, I think you've to use soft switching techniques like ZVT (Zero Voltage Transition), take a look at the attached paper.

Bye
Powermos

thats mean It is difficult to get high efficiency for hard switching?
get >90%, soft switching must be need?

Added after 2 minutes:

what is MT pot????

Humm if your work will be good enough may be an efficency value around 90% should be reachable. With ZVT tech circuit is a little bit more complicated but power switch and diode size can be keep smaller and more cool then more efficiency (less power loss) at the end.

Bye
Powermos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back