Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step response of cic filter

Hi Sir/Madam,

I had done an evaluation using
1. CIC filter with decimator factor of 128
2. CIC filter with decimator factor of 32 and 2 half band filter.

I am seeing the time needed for the filter to get stable is longer for option 2 above.

What i did is i run a step response for filter option 1 and filter option 2.

I attached the foils for your better understanding.

Can you let me know whether this is make sense? Thanks.

cic filter step response

I am seeing the time needed for the filter to get stable is longer for option 2 above.
It's the group delay of the FIR filter, according to the respective number of taps. Everything is normal operation. A suitable choice of filter characteristic depends on your application, which you didn't tell about.

is a cic filter stable

Hi FvM,

I am using this filter to reduce the frequency sampling rate.

Do you think i can use different filter structure to reduce the group delay of the FIR filter?

For example, let's talk about a simple low pass 4 tap FIR filter and use direct form structure to implement this filter.

Is there any different if i use a serial multiplication and parallel multiplication? that mean for serial multiplication, i need to run 4 multiplication on 4 clock delay before i get a new output. And for parallel multiplication, i run 4 multiplication on each clock and output a new value on each clock.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…