Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step-by-step PCB design procedure (and needed software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebs

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I am new to PCB designing ,can you tell me the step by step procedure to make my circuit on PCBs. ?

Also please answer my follwing :-

1.Which are the software tools i can use and how ?
2. Types of PCBs and how to decide which PCB to use ?

Thanks !!

orcad pcb designer basics

1. You can use Eagle PCB and Schematic Design software - almost used by majority of users here.

2. Depends in your location, as you've said Asia, there many countries in Asia :). I am using pre-sensitized PCB's for my layouts. I am in Asia too.

pcb basics

You have to figure out if you are going to make your own PCB's, or get a board house to do it. Chances are either way, you will be using FR4 for your PCB. There are free tools around, search for them. However, the best way to learn IMO is to start designing for yourself, and learn as you go. Make your own boards so you don't waste tons getting someone else to do it.

basics of pcb designing

Process: Schematic Drawing -> Export Netlist -> PCB Part Place -> PCB Routing -> Export Gilbert file.

It seems many people favour to use

OrCAD for sch dwg.
PowerPCB / Protel for PCB layout.

Added after 4 minutes:

The '*' sign stands for 'r' . The software is popular in use in China mainland.

The material I think is not really important for general use.

basics of pcb design

for beginers I prefer "altium designer" and after improvments you can switch to more high level softwares such as "mentor pads" or "cadence"
be successful

pcb designing basics

Hi, every software has its own advantages. sometimes depends on you choose whichone first.
To choose the type of PCB, it is mainly determined by the product you developed.

protel easy trax

Hi truebs,

I have also used Orcad for sch and for Layout. As mentioned by others software have benifits and drawbacks. Many people like protel but I have not had the chance to use it much. Orcad layout has its problems but all software does. Which ever you choose start with something small. Maybe four components on the board. Don't jump into a CPU layout - you will go crazy. As for the material it depends on what the circuit is. High speed Digital, analog, high current, high impeadance, high voltage....etc.. they each have different needs and concerns. There are several books on the subject and a few are uploaded in this forum. When you get some specific question post again and lot of people will help.

dfullmer

orcad 15.7 demo

I use easypc for my PCB design.
The software is not perfect but it is rather
intuitive to use and not expensive too.

Why not do the board from scratch?
You will learn a lot about PCB making.
Once you understand what you are doing,
you will know what you want.

Step by step PCB making guide for your reference.
**broken link removed**

Sincerely,
Siong Boon

orcad 15.7+demo

kicad is a greatful software, free and opensource. i made all my electronic cards with it.

pcb design+basics

I think the better 2 software are
OrCAD and Protel Altium
Altium neeed a good computer with good memory, no like Orcad...
I tried with Both , but prefer Orcad, no have libraries like Altium . but components are easy to create, or can use ICA, Internet component Asistance, for find components...
You can download a DEMO, and try this, there you can find in help menu, how to use it, in very few steps...
Jose

pcb basics design

You cAN use orcad Layout tool, it is easy to learn and effective also

eagle pcb basics

Hi,
for me Orcad and Altium DXP are the best.

easy steps for basics of pcb designing

hi friends

iam using OrCAD 9.1 for schematic and layouts, my problem is iam unable to find footprint for PIC18LF8722 80 pin Microcontrollerscan any body help me out regarding this

orcad pcb design steps video

Hi,
I have used Aries(Proteus) and also protel.1994 version of Protel. I basically design boards for microwave frequencies in protel and though primitive compared to the likes of eagle and aries but is good enough for me to design commercial products.

pcb design procedure basics

software:1-protell 99se or protell dxp(2004) most powerfull soft
2-trax maker(part of circuit maker)
3-oteus

basics of pcb desigining

Hi,

Kindly read the book "Modern Component families and Circuit Block design" by Nihal Kularatna, which may solve your PCB design problem.
If you need more details, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara
MSRS, CRL-BEL

orcad 15.7 demo cd download

Jose Fausto said:
I think the better 2 software are
OrCAD and P*otel @ltium
@ltium neeed a good computer with good memory, no like Orcad...
I tried with Both , but prefer Orcad, no have libraries like @ltium . but components are easy to create, or can use ICA, Internet component Asistance, for find components...
You can download a DEMO, and try this, there you can find in help menu, how to use it, in very few steps...
Jose
hi..is there a DEMO version of p*otel??
can i sak for a site??
thank you

electronic pcb own design software online asia

jose..
i think you violate something in your previos post...
kindly send me an email if posible...(my_akachan@yahoo.com.ph)
thanks

free help guide on pcbdesign on areis

Hi,
I think you can use OrCAD 15.7 Demo - its free and you can just try it.
For some directions on PCB doing you can look at this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back