Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Static electricity capturing device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaare

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In laser printers running synthetic stocks (polyester based) static electricity builds up due to the image transfer mechanism involving 50KV roughly.
As the sheets come out, the operator can get a spark and they do hurt.

How can build a device to lessen the static electricity on the sheets at output?
My only idea was to have a very fine two sided metal brush at a small angle to the paper, full width, that would **** part of the static electricity as the paper comes out of the machine and brushes itself through this two sided brush. Presuming that this is not a dumb idea, and you don't have a better one, how could we do the electrical setup so that it actually does **** up the static electricity?

If I have the general idea that a certified electrician can follow that'll be good enough to make quite a lot of operators very happy.

Hi,

Usually there are carbon fiber brushes at thd paper output.

Does your printer have a true earth ground connection?

Klaus

I agree with KlausST. The laser printers that I'm working with have already built-in devices to discharge media surface.

It does however for this kind of paper it not sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.