Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

starting point on PCB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaitu2k

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
learn pcb design

hi all

i'm interested in learning PCB design...but its new 2 me...and i need a starting point...could some one give me reading material...or tips

cheers

learning pcb design

Hi ,
to start to learn with PCB design

1. go through a simple schematic circuit and understand how it can be implement on genral purpose PCB board.

2. Then think about how it can be implemented in signle layer board.

3.For all these take simple pcb tool like orcad etc.

4.To know more in PCB design constrains read books like PCB Designers hand book etc.

This make you basic concepts much stonger
5.If required go through some tutorials where you will get step by step procedure to do

learn pcb design

There are several sites on the web which can give you practical advices or hints on PCB design.
For example:
**broken link removed**
or
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/9643/TraceWidth.htm
But the best thing to learn is to have some examples associated with schematics and analyze the component layout against the role a component plays in the circuit.

You can find some sites which offer to download free evaluation packages with some examples included, and one of them is Number One Systems from UK with their EASY-PC PCB cad software: http://www.numberone.com/.
Try it, it is worth ..

examples of simple pcb

Here is one of the design guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back