Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standards certifictes needed for devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
what standard certificates must observed for an electronic device plastic housing and frame or other sections?
I'm researching about Standards needed to observe for designing and manufacturing electronic equipments hardware and software (from housing and box to electronic boards and software and ergonomic design) but don't know where I must search for it and what organizations work on this standards. Please guide me to find the right references.
Thanks,
Regards.

Certificates are related to countries laws, so depends of where are you going to sell your product. There are some countries where you need almost no certificates.

Standards in general are more related to the field of you product: is is medical, for telecom or automotive, for example?

If you tell us for what country and what is the product purpose/area, then it is much more easy to find the respective certificates and standards.

Please guide me for international standards and standards needed for export. also I want to focus on Telecom related devices. for example I want to know if there is an standard code for producing enclosure of a device and it's materials or an standard code for ergonomic design of a device or any thing like it.
Thanks.

As said, it depends of witch country you are going to export. Each country has its regulatory body:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_telecommunications_regulatory_bodies

So, if you want to export for USA, you must check FCC's rules, if you are going to export to Brazil, you check ANATEL's rules.

Also for any manufactured product exported to Europe, you have to follow RoHS (https://ec.europa.eu/environment/waste/rohs_eee/). There is an equivalent RoHS standard if you want to export to China as well.

In general, this is a very laborious work, good luck.

Reactions: rezaf

rezaf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back