Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standar Cell libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore2k4

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have some FPGA programming experience. I want to try out ASIC design but lack necessary tools and knowledge. To get started, where can I get some standard cell libraries that are compatible with synthesis tools from Mentor Graphics like Leonardospectrum, precision rtl etc.

Where can I get some P&R tools and layout editors? Also in FPGA design I usually do simulations with modelsim and or chipscope but I understand that for ASIC gate-level simulations must be done with HSpice or something similar, is it true?

My preferred HDL is verilog so I couldn't use Alliance CAD tools, they seem pretty good though.

Jus go through the ASIC development Kit tutorial , i am attaching the file for you.
Obviously u need to know the exact asic design flow to implement ur asic and necessary tool knowledge and platrform

Thanks for the file but I am aware of the flow. I need a few things as I don't have access to expensive ASIC design tools, I only have access to FPGA design tools.

So I need a standard cell library that is compatible with Mentor Graphics or Snyplicity tech library formats.

Now ASIC synthesis and RTL simulations are rather trivial with FPGA tools but what about P&R and advanced stuff like DRC, LVS etc etc?

I don't think they are any free tools available for such tasks. Can anyone help me out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back