Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stand alone PIC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
micropro pic programmer software free download

Finally I have successfully designed a stand alone programmer for PIC 16F72
with Source PIC 16F877A.
It can write, verify, read ID locations and codeprotect the target PIC with source PIC.
Now I need to merge two hexfiles, I have merged hex files manually for testing.
But it's hard to edit (merge)2k size of hex file, So can anyone help me to merge hexfiles?

all pic serial programmer pic16f72.

creative_35 said:
Finally I have successfully designed a stand alone programmer for PIC 16F72
with Source PIC 16F877A.
It can write, verify, read ID locations and codeprotect the target PIC with source PIC.
Now I need to merge two hexfiles, I have merged hex files manually for testing.
But it's hard to edit (merge)2k size of hex file, So can anyone help me to merge hexfiles?
There are softwares, such as WinPIC (written by Wolfgang, DL4YHF), that let you merge hex files, by loading them in the same buffer without clearing the buffer before loading. After doing that, you can dump the buffer to a hex file.
And that is exactly what you need.

So, google for 'WinPIC DL4YHF', download the software, look for the option
'clear buffers before loading HEX file', uncheck it and off you go.

Cheers,

pic standalone programmers

Thanks Namqn,
I tried winpic, and micro pro.
but all this softwares are merging hex files with same address locations.
actually I need to change it's address location.
For example:
I created a hexfile for my mater PIC from address location 0000h to 0200h
and created another hex file for slave PIC which has address location from 0000h to 07FFh.
Now I need to load first hexfile in a blank buffer, after that I have to load the second file from 0300h to 0AFFh to the same buffer.
actually while dumping the secong hex file with winpic software, it's overwriting locations from 0000h to 0200h- that's will remove the contents of first file. what I need is to change the address locations of a hex file 0000h as 0300h so that it can be easly merged. any of you know such a software to change the address of a hex file?
I tried to create hex file from MPLAB by applying ORG 0300h instead of ORG 000h.
but it was a failure because some data are changing while I changing the ORG location.
suggesions are appreciated.
Thank you,

pic driven standalone programmer

creative_35 said:
Thanks Namqn,
I tried winpic, and micro pro.
but all this softwares are merging hex files with same address locations.
actually I need to change it's address location.
For example:
I created a hexfile for my mater PIC from address location 0000h to 0200h
and created another hex file for slave PIC which has address location from 0000h to 07FFh.
Now I need to load first hexfile in a blank buffer, after that I have to load the second file from 0300h to 0AFFh to the same buffer.
actually while dumping the secong hex file with winpic software, it's overwriting locations from 0000h to 0200h- that's will remove the contents of first file. what I need is to change the address locations of a hex file 0000h as 0300h so that it can be easly merged. any of you know such a software to change the address of a hex file?
I tried to create hex file from MPLAB by applying ORG 0300h instead of ORG 000h.
but it was a failure because some data are changing while I changing the ORG location.
suggesions are appreciated.
Thank you,
Well, you did not mention it in your previous post.

Anyway, why don't you put your master program behind your slave program (e.g. from 0x800), just like a bootloader? That way you don't need to change the address at all, the only thing you need to do is to update the reset vector for your slave PIC when you program it.

Cheers,

tony nixons pocket programmer

thanks 4 uploading but if u could split the file in to many 250kb file it would be easy for the new guys to download it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.