Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Staging Unit Help, LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cqljohn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sorry, I think I posted in the wrong spot earlier, please delete dup post.

Hello,

I have a unit that is used for staging BMX bikes. The unit controls the cadance, gate, and has internal LED lights to stage the riders when to "go". The unit has a port for an external light stand, and while trying to build an external light stand, I have done something incorrectly, which resulted in the internal LED's not working correctly. I realize I may have to put up a link to show the inside of the unit in order to get good information, as to what the problem may be with the unit, but first I would like to decribe the problem, and what I was doing when this happened.

The unit works on 120vac and the LED's work on DC volts (15-18VDC) from notes from the manufature of the unit. I was using 12vdc relays to activate the lights on the external lightstand. The internal and external lights should work together when wired correctly. While running the unit to test the exteranl lightstand the unit hung up, which required the unit to be reset. After the unit was rest, the internal lights stay lite now, and have about 14 volts on them at all times. I'm trying to go backwards from the LED's to figure out what componate is bad, so I can replace and get the unit functioning correctly again and then forward to the exteranl lightstand. Any ideal where I need to look to try to get the voltage back to zero on the interanl LED's? I figure there are similar componates in all equipment the works on 120 volt and converts the LED's to DC voltage, so maybe someone can point me in the correct direction.

Without a schematic, it would be pure educated guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.