Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stacked patch in feko

Status
Not open for further replies.

JincyRachel

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I made a stacked patch structure in FEKO, but I'm not able to run it, because of an error in the feed. I found in some papers that only a line feed can be given, but its not working... Plz help me...

I made a stacked patch structure in FEKO, but I'm not able to run it, because of an error in the feed. I found in some papers that only a line feed can be given, but its not working... Plz help me...

What paper is that? Apart from the line feed you can also use the following feeds:
1. an edge port placed on an edge that separates two surfaces (when i.e. placing a feed on a metallic surface)
2. a waveguide port if the feed is modelled with a coaxial cable connection
3. a FEM current source if the patch is modelled with the FEM/MOM or FEM/MLFMM
4. a microstrip port (that is referenced to an infinite ground) placed on the edge of a microstrip line where the dielectric is modelled as infinite in the XY plane

What error are you getting?

The error I got is that after I unioned all my antenna parts (line feed, ground and substrate), the port appears to have been split into 3 parts on its own, and i cannot proceed to the meshing part. I made Port1. But this gets divided as : Port1_1, Port1_2 and Port1_3.....

That sounds weird, what version of FEKO are you using?

i'm using CADFEKO Suite 5.5.... The port is shown as a suspect element.. (a yellow triangle with a question mark inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back