Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stacked microstrip patch configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divya.S

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..I've design a stacked patch microstrip antenna..the lower patch (actually i used a meander line type structure) is coaxially fed and upper(parasitic) patch size is different from that of lower patch(meander)..resonant frequency of my lower patch is 1.3 GHz..When i use a stacked parasitic patch ,Bandwidth increases and the antenna is still resonating to 1.3GHz.. I think the resonant frequency of upper parasitic patch merge with the lower patch resonating frequency giving a wide impedance bandwidth
My question is "How to find out the resonant frequency of upper (parasitic) patch?" "How to prove that the resonant frequency of both patch merges with one another?"

Please anybody help..Its urgent..I ve to complete my project report so soon

Status
Not open for further replies.