Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stable version of MATLAB among MATLAB R2008a and MATLAB R2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh449

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have implemented my project using MATLAB R2006a.when i tried to execute the same code on MATLAB R2008a it is showing errors.someone is saying that MATLAB R2008a is failure version not stable.so use only MATLAB R2006a.

I WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS STABLE ONE?????????????

Hi,

Matlab version are often not fully backward compatible. There may be a few lines in the code written for R2006a that need to be adjusted. Have a look at the error messages and see what they say to do. Also have a look at the code in the editor, as it gives help on syntax error. Matlab is usually very stable on releases.

Just a thought...

as said, all versions of matlab are backward compatible. so your code in R2006a must work in R2008a.

Important point to note here is that while they upgrade the versions, many inbuilt functions will be deleted or they change their name for some purpose. what u can do is check where you are getting error. if it is for the inbuilt functions, say for the function 'xyz', then you just type "help xyz" in the command prompt. Matlab will suggest you the new keyword which has to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.