Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stability of the BGR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudheer_vlsi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I want to simulate the stability of the BGR.what i do is checking only the stability of the Error amp used in BGR.if i want to check the stability of the whole BGR,how to simulate that.
please answer me.

Break the loop by opening the -ve input of error amp and then inject a small signal.

Only checking the stability of op-amp wouldn't help you. You have to check the stability of the loop and which will be different.
One way is to break the loop at the inputs of op-amp and apply AC source there. This is the check for stability in frequency domain. If you can see the amount of negative feedback is more than positive feedback you are pretty much safe.
Another way of checking the stability analysis in time-domain is give the Vpwl (piece wise linear) and see the transient response. if the output settles down within you specifications, I think you are done.

thanks
-Bharat

Thanks,Paulux and srivastava.ur replies will help me.

bsrivastava said:
Only checking the stability of op-amp wouldn't help you. You have to check the stability of the loop and which will be different.
One way is to break the loop at the inputs of op-amp and apply AC source there. This is the check for stability in frequency domain. If you can see the amount of negative feedback is more than positive feedback you are pretty much safe.
Another way of checking the stability analysis in time-domain is give the Vpwl (piece wise linear) and see the transient response. if the output settles down within you specifications, I think you are done.

thanks
-Bharat

if the pathes for positive feedback and negative feedback are the same ,can the system be stable?

Hi liuyonggen_1
What do you mean by "the pathes for positive feedback and negative feedback are the same"? Please clarify

bsrivastava said:

thanks
-Bharat

Thanks Bharat first.

Personally, I suggest to use time-domain method to see whether your design is stable or not. BECAUSE, it is the most accurate method :)

However, the AC-method or frequency-domain method do give us a insight on how to design a stable system in terms of its open-loop response.

Scottie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back