Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[STA] Analysis Corners - how many do exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivlsi

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

How many Analysis Corners do exist/used for the Static Timing Analysis?

Are the Best Case, Worst Case and Typical Case the corners?

How can I analyze the max delays on the data path versus the min delays on the clock tree paths?

Thank you!

Our medothology is to analyze all pvt we have to cover as possible the design for hold and setup.
For clock / data paths, you could have differentiate rating to graded more margins.

Our methodology is to analyze all pvt
Okay, so how many do exist? WC, BC, TC - are there others? Is there a sense to run STA for the Typical delays (TC)?

What about OCV (OnChip Variations) analysis? How should it be performed?

For clock / data paths, you could have differentiate rating to graded more margins
How can I do that practically? What's the flow? settings? commands?

Thank you!

I don't talk any more of WC-BC, I check all PVT so I will cover WC-BC also.
we add 5 to 8 % on clock derate and also in data derate.

Hello All,

How many Analysis Corners do exist/used for the Static Timing Analysis?

Are the Best Case, Worst Case and Typical Case the corners?

How can I analyze the max delays on the data path versus the min delays on the clock tree paths?

Thank you!

Please check the following links it might Help you. A lot of basics are required.. Still Worth reading these articles.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Hi dmitryl,

Looka like you already have similar type of question but in different way. :)

birdy123,
links, which you provided, are broken.... Could you please provide the valid links?
Thank you!

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

These dont work

Please specify complete urls

Last edited:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
My take away from the above mentioned link is that interconnect delay(mainly due to metal wires) varies differently than resistance/capacitance of transistor device. So worst corner timing library with certaint PVT may not be worst for both interconnect and transistor devices. We need to do analysis in all combination of corners for RC interconnect delay and timing library to account for all variations. Total combination for single mode and 3 corners are 9(rc best-lib best, rc best-lib worst, ...and so on). Nowadays, chips operate in more than a single mode . For example if there is a functional and a test mode in a chip. The total combination for timing analysis will be 18. These kind of timing analysis are called mutli mode multi corner (MMMC) timing analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back