Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ST7540 Power Line communication ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

taqvi88

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one...

i am using st7540 with its default setting and connecting it directly to PC. I have made two boards one as a transmitter and one as a receiver by configuring its pins accordingly. i send data on TXD line of st7540 at 2400 baud rate but i am unable to detect carrier frequency at TX_out line,

can any body help me in this matter

thank you

for a start have you connected the UART/SPI to 1 for UART interface and RxTx to 0 for transmit?

yes i did. TX_out pin of st7540 is not showing any carrier frequency

thanks for reply

Hi, I am trying to use the chip and getting the same problem. I have connected UART/SPI to 1 and RxTx to 0 but it won't transmit.
I have already followed the datasheet to setup and spent so much time trying many different connections.
Does anyone know how to make this chip work??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did anyone found a solution? I also have a problem using the ST7540's SPI interface. I use RXTX as ENABLE line (that is the only explanation i can find from reading the datasheet) but the clock plays its own game. There is no sequence. Here is a screenshot of the SPI while changing RXTX line state. REG_DATA = 0.

Analyzer.png

As you can see CLOCK starts and stops at it's own.

Reactions: wysi

wysi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back